Ahhh....I must say, Fall is absolutely my favorite time of the year. Yes I love the spring, the first dig into to the soil, watching the re-birth of my hill as it goes from a barren hill of dirt to a beautiful carpet of green. But there is something really special in watching the leaves magically change from green to an array of beautiful vibrant colors. The weather is perfect too. Not too hot and generally not too cold. Fall came later this year, but it happened all of the sudden. Last week "the hill" was green. Then we had a cold snap and this week "the hill" is alive with all different colors.
Sunday Dad was bored and wanted a ride, so we cruised up Little Cottonwood Canyon. It was absolutely breath taking. Monday I wanted to go up Millcreek to check it out. We took a ride up there on Conference Sunday and listened to the afternoon session of Conference as we drove. The upper canyon was magnificent, brilliant with deep reds and oranges. The aspen had not turned yet. As we drove up the canyon yesterday, I was a little disappointed many of the leaves had dropped. I believed we had missed most of the Autumn action.....However driving down....it was absolutely amazing. I wanted to run and jump in the leaves just as I used to do when I was a child. We live so close to the mountains and spend so little time up there. I wanted to share some of "the love" from home. Hope you enjoy the picts. Anyone up for a hot dog roast up Millcreek? Got to hurry.....the leaves will soon be gone.
1 comment:
Spectacular! Thanks for sharing. We are loving the change in leaves here too. I think we are in the peak. I am totally up for a weenie roast!
Post a Comment