Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wombmates

Even though Cindy and I shared mom's womb are as different as can be.
Looking back I can see how our differences complement each other. When
we were younger I was a shy non-daring kid. Cindy was willing to take on
things I wouldn't, so that usually got me off the hook. She also brought
attention to me when I couldn't do it myself. She made sure that
everyone knew our birthday was coming up months in advance. One year
Evelyn Duvall made us doll blankets because she was properly warned of
our b-day.

Through-out Elementary and Jr. High I was known as Cindy's twin sister
Mindy. For me it wasn't so bad because at least I had some name
recognition, otherwise I would have been another flower on the wall.
Being known as Cindy's twin sister Mindy is what helped me win 8th grade
class secretary. So thanks Cindy and too bad Angie Fitts!

Even though I am the older twin Cindy was the one who watched out for
me. We never had the same groups of friends or even hung out with each
other, but I always knew Cindy would be there if I ever needed her. She
was my quit protector and I always appreciated that, still do.


Cindy has her unique characteristics, but don't we all, these
characteristics are what make us appreciate Cindy all the more. I love
that she wrote dad and said "that none of it was about her" that is
Cindy in a nut shell and I am happy to contribute this little e-mail to
show her that she really is a Shining Star!

Love,

Mindurs

No comments: