Monday, July 14, 2008

Mid-July Musings

I really love this blogging thing. It makes me realize how much I miss each of you and at the same time makes me happy to be a distant part of your lives. I read all the comments friends make about our blogs and love to see the impact ezch of you have on your friends.

This week has been really rewarding for me. You know how much I love cleaning and organizing things like garages and basements. Well I am happy to report that 2 Saturdays ago I washed 2 cars of Brians, 1 car of Jenny's, Mom's newer Lexus, the Mustang and almost got to James' new car. Then I cleaned the garage (six county trash cans). Part of the trash was scrub oak limbs and lawn clippings that James and Mom provided but a significant part was garage stuff.

Next I tackled the office at work, my office at home, the front closet (shudder), my closet in the master suite, the master suite and Steve's old bedroom in the basement. I still have left the family room down stairs and storage room in the basement. Mom says that there are alot of childrens hidden treasures down there. Now would be a great time to confess your sins and let me know what you really want to keep, and how you want it sent to you. In fairness I have alot of crap down there myself so I promise to be gentle with your stuff. Steve's drum set has become the property of the grandkids. Nicholas and Asher are gaining exihibiting great talents on the drums. I forsee a future for Sam, Abby, David, Davis and Hayden in the pounding tradition.

1 comment:

nersey said...

I know I have stuff stashed down there but for the life of me I don't know what any specific item is off the top of my head. I think I should probably join you in the Dejunking effort. Thanks again for washing the Jeep, BEST DAD EVER!!!