Monday, July 28, 2008

Thirty Days, Give Or Take And We Will All Be Together!!!

Little Ones:

It dawned on me that it is less than a month until you all make your way home to be with us for Brian and Melissa's Big Day. Cousins erverywhere, silly talk and teasing! I just want to sit back and giggle.

Mom and I had my home teaching families over for a barbeque tonight. Mom really has hamburgers and chopped fruit down to a science. I'll save a place for each of you. Sunday Nick, Asher and The Coach were all here. They need playmates from Boston and Seattle. Missy has been planning an itinerary for the kids. Hope it includes some of us old time kids. How about a night at the Ball Park watching the Bees and sucking down Diet Coke and Hot Dogs! Yeah!

We had a great Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Our ward met at This Is The Place State Park. The music was provided by 8 violins and one viola. We were under a bowery constructed of pine logs and willow branches for a ceiling. During the meeting a duck wandered through. We also had several birds flying around. The most incredible thing was the shadows and flashes of sunlight that flowed through the bowery during the hour we were there. Although the speakers and music were fabulous the hit for me was the air currents. Sometimes hot sometimes a cool breeze. Sometimes a whif of the horses stabled down the road. Yep, I felt like a pioneer.

Uncle Dave, Aunt Caroline, Mom and I spent the holiday weekend at the cabin. We ate, talked about family, planned next years Mexico adventures and traveled Wolf Creek Pass. It was a spectacular weekend. Life just gets better and better.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Missletoe said...

You are making me homesick! I can't wait to get there.