Monday, October 27, 2008

Arg...Breast feeding...embarrasing moments!!!

Family:

I just finished reading Jen's account of her recent breast feeding disaster. Well, the experience is not limited to ladies involved in the practice. Often it is even more terrifying for the innocent that happen onto a lady so involved.

Remember I am an only child. I never held a baby until I was 23 years old. Breast Feeding was not in my vocabulary let alone my experience. When I was a missionary sometimes we had to go to 2 or 3 sacrament meetings on a Sunday. Sometimes I would just slip into a vacant room and read. On one such occassion I happened on a lady with her baby. I walked in the room real friendly and said hi! When I got closer I realized what any other mortal would have known when they opened the door. Later, when I was a very young Bishop I stopped to pick up Ken Fox for a basketball game. Vicky, his wife, (Susan Fitts very shy sister) was sitting on the couch with their newborn. I was talking to Vicky while Ken was getting ready. There were peanuts in shells on the table so I helped myself. Soon I had a handful of shells. I saw this white shallow cone thing on the arm of the couch. I quickly deposited my shells when Ken came out of the bedroom and we left for the game. Several months later when James was born I found out what those little white cones were, breast shields. Susan Fitts heard that story years later and couldn't breath she was laughting so hard. Evidently, that would have embarassed the socks off of her sister.

So ladies be careful on this breast feeding thing. You never know where the unsuspecting only children are lurking.

1 comment:

Missletoe said...

Sounds like this family could fill a whole book on embarrassing breast feeding moments. Makes you wonder why we persist.... oh, right... for the good stories!