Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cheese Toast Season!



Okay... so Fall may be the DEATH OF SUMMER but at least I have a garden full of tomatoes to help ease the blow! ...and what more worthy way to use tomatoes than on cheese toast?! ...and of course you have to broil the cheese toast until the cheese is bubbly and crisp.

I remember when I was a kid I used to hide a salt shaker out in the garden. When no one was looking I would sneak out there and hide in the tomatoe patch and gorge myself with warm globes of goodness sprinkled with my cleverly hidden salt shaker. Now that I have my own mater patch I have to believe that I actually was doing Mom a favor. I am personally eating 2 tomaotes a day and not keeping pace with my tiny garden. It may be time to take the shaker out to the garden and start getting serious!

2 comments:

Steve said...

That ain't no cheddar cheese on that there cheese toast. What are you using? I wonder if it really counts as true cheese toast if you use something else? Or does it become something too fancy to count as cheese toast? I'm just sayin'.

Missletoe said...

Oh YES it is! The cheddar out here is WHITE! I was as baffled as you are when we first moved out here. I honestly didn't think they even had cheddar for the first 6 months we lived here. They just don't put food coloring it here. Weird, eh?