Friday, April 11, 2008

Chocolate Mousse Mmmmm!

Tonight I was talking with Jenny when my Favorite dessert came up as a topic. I love Chocolate mousse. We have the greatest Mom in the world. When I was home last October for my baby showers, Mom asked me what I wanted for dessert for my birthday dinner. The first thing that popped in my head was chocolate mousse. Mom seemed to quickly dismiss the idea and I forgot about it. It really is a challenging dessert and all. You have to make a special trip to the booze store and you need to buy coffee without anyone you know seeing you. I got up on Sunday morning only to find our lovely Mother making Chocolate mousse. She really went out of her way to make sure I got what I wanted for my birthday dinner. I thought it was super sweet.
When Jen and I were talking I remebered all of those dinner parties Mom and Dad sed to throw when we were kids. Mom would make the chocolate mousse and let it sit in the fridge all day. Little did mom know, I would come down through out the day and dip my gruby mits into the dessert cups for the guests and re-smooth out the mousse with my fingers. Sometimes I even double dipped. As it turns out Jenny also took turns dipping her fingers in the guests food. It makes one wonder how many other little fingers were in those moussy cups... hmmmm???...

3 comments:

Mindurs said...

Gross! Mom probably did know it was done, but what could she do but dismiss it. I can actually say I wasn't one who participated in picking in the mousse because I did not like chocolate at the time. If she were to leave mousse in the fridge now-a-days I would be hard pressed not to take a little dip. Mmmmm Mmmmm I love me some mousse

Glama said...

Thanks for the kind words....
No...I didn't know about all the double dipping that was going on. You did a pretty good job hiding your grubby little finger prints. I would have made more chocolate mousse, but the "secret ingredient" would disappear out of the cupboard. While you where sampling the mousse someone else was sampling the secret ingedient!

Missletoe said...

Cincha. You have done it again. I laughed so hard that I woke Tadpole up. But it was worth it. Maybe we should have a week of confessions on the blog.