Monday, April 7, 2008

My 10 Seconds of Fame

I was thinking the other day that I just don't have great stories like Missletoe, Glama or Bampa. I never blog because I just don't know what to say. The only story I have, many of you have heard or have seen the reinactment. I hope you don't mind hearing it again.

It was probably 2003 and I was determind to loose my extra baby fat. I had my mind set. I was going to the gym 2 times a day and going for a 5 mile walk everyday. This all ofcourse only happended for about 3 or 4 days. I over did it. I was quickly injured. I had the worst pain I had ever felt radiating from my knees. It felt like my knee caps were giving birth for 3 days straight. I would lay in bed in agony and I even called my insurance nurse help line where they told me I needed to get medical attention.
I was working a t Victoria's secret at the time. I was a sad sight. I had a terrible limp and it took me about 6 times as long to walk anywhere. In retail you are on your feet moving all day long moving. I'm sure the customers thought that I was some sort of pity legal hire Victoria's secret.

On my day off I decided I must go to the Doctor. My doctors office is in downtown Seattle on the corner of 2 very busy streets. I got out of my car and started to pathedically limp towards my doctors office with a pained look on my face with every step. As I was slowly limping along the sidewalk I realized there was some sort of commotion on the street. It was blocked off and it looked like some sort of parade. I noticed all 3 news channels were out so it must have been something big. I was moving slowly and by this time the parade had caught up to me. I was now marching along side the parade when a news camera started to film me limping away. I took a closer look at the partcipatants of the parade. They were carrying a banner that read something about people who were handicap or disabled. By this time I was fully engaded by default in the Seattle handicap parade. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. It was like a scene out of Seinfeld. I made the six o clock news.

I finally made it to the Doctors office find out my problem with my knees was burstsitis. google it. She told me to take aleve and that was that.

There you have it my claim to fame!

6 comments:

Mindurs said...

Cyncha,

I am confused were you pregnant in 2003 and I didn't know about it?

How come you never told me the story about you being in the hadicap parade before. That is funny!

Mindurs

Cyncha said...

I am talking about the baby fat I was born with. I spelled bursitis wrong by the way if anyone was really planning to google it.

Bam Pah said...

That is a great story. You are so cool. Write more about you guys and Davis.

Glama said...

I remember hearing about the story and it was funny then and funny now. My famous daughter on TV.

Missletoe said...

The kids keep asking me why I am crying. That is THE funniest thing I have ever read. It played out in my mind like a scene out of Sienfied. Thanks for the good laugh!

Missletoe said...

Do you have a video camera? I think you need to post the reinactment!