Saturday, September 1, 2007
I Love Chicago!
Hi All! Just got back from a work week in Chicago. I have been their a few times and I think I could totally live there. We flew in on Sunday and I was felling good. No more morning sickness. We were staying at a little hotel one train stop away from Wrigley stadium. My friend Jessica (She was my assistant manager at Bellevue, now she runs the Seattle shop) and I quickly found ourselves in a chain sandwich shop called Potbelly's. It was soo good and we ate there often due to the fact they were open to 11pm and usually we were ready for dinner later because we were used to West coast time. So the first night we were there, all 22 of us for the meeting were chilling out in the lobby of the hotel. 2 of the girls went outside and some concert promoters that were walking the street, gave them tickets for all 22 of us to go see the Bravery for free! It was around the corner at a little indie theatre called the Vic. I love the Bravery! What a great way to arrive in Chicago. As we were all walking over there only a few of us even knew who the Bravery were. I was suprised at how few pwople knew who this very familiar band was. The place was empty. Maybe 150-200 people tops in the place, it probably could of had 1000. This answered why we got free tickets. If this show was in Seattle it would have been sold out! It was so culturally different. I liked that it wasn't crowded because we really got to enjoy it. Perhaps my last concert for awhile because I will soon be a busy Mommy. The week had started out right and the rest of the week was great too. We walked allover and took the el, I loved it. I think I was meant to live in a big city where you don't need a car. I really don't like taking cabs, they gross me out and they are always hot and stinky. As we stayed for the week, we ate great food and enjoyed the city whenever we were not in our meetings. The people of Chicago were soo nice and everywhere we went the service was great. They must all love living there to be soo happy. I came home early yesterday morining. I am going up to Vancouver for a meeting on Wednesday and then to San Francisco at the end of the month. Hopefully the San Fran trip will be the last trip I take for work before the baby. Traveling is tough on me. Well thats all I have for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In Chicago and you didn't call us? We're always game for a trip to Chicago.
Cindy: Flew right over SLC and didn't wave? I am really looking forward to our trip to Seattle next Spring. Bampa (10)
Post a Comment