Okay, so I haven't dropped a pound in 6 weeks... so I am pretty sure I have come to the end of my post-partum weight slide. I am pretty sure this is the new me unless I kick it up a notch. Only problem is that even though I have been working out... I am having motivational issues in the food department. Here's the problem, you name the occasion, I can name the best companion treat. Halloween... Candy! Birthday... Cake! Those are the no brainers. Then there are the re-occurring reasons to celebrate...Friday night...TAKE OUT! Saturday night... ICE CREAM! Sunday night... APPLE CRISP! FHE...RICE KRISPIE TREATS! Then there are other "occasions" sunny hot beach day... SLURPEE! Warm summer night... COLD STONE! Cold winter night... COOKIES! Soup for dinner... BROWNIES! Bad day... ALL OF THE ABOVE! And even if I do get control of my own reasons to have treats there are still the obligitory social occasions like how I decided not to have any sweets this week but pumpkin bread smothered in whipped cream was litterally DUMPED in my lap after a church meeting. What's a girl to do? Or how I was asked to bring cookies to Pop's law society social. I can ALWAYS think of a LIGITMATE reason to celebrate with food! The question is, what can I celebrate with if not food? Anybody else up for a little self deprivation?
We could make it a contest
We could swap healthy recipes
We could come up with one healthy strategy to add each week
We could blog about the BIGGEST treat we walked away from
Anyone?...I am open to suggestions! AND SUPPORT!
Let me know if you are in!
I am going to start with 10 (even though the damage is much much more!).
...and yes, I will spare you the picture of flabby buns!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I've been thinking the same thing. Seriously, I am always eating the good stuff and when I say good stuff I really mean the bad stuff for you. Seriously, why is it so hard to pass up. I am in and if I am in Nate is in as well! This is a good time of year to do with the holiday's coming up and all.
Say good by post-baby body and hello hot mommy body!
Post a Comment