I haven't had a good belly laugh in a long time, who knew that it would come while standing in the bath tub holding Tadpole and trying to muffle Abizella's laughter, all the time listening to Superkid dash through the house saying, "Ready or not here I come!"
There aren't too many places for a big person to hide in a small house, but I really have to give the "Honorable Mention" award to Pops! Trust me, I could hide in plain site around the corner from the fridge and have the kids zip by me over and over again without being sighted. But Pops! Pops found some pretty imaginative spots to squeeze into!
All this fun reminded me of the fables Glama and Bampa tell of "Orange Cord A-Boo". Never heard that one? It is actually a game that Jamos made up. Basically it is hide-and-seek with an orange extension cord plugged into the wall on one end with Jamos at the other end with a lit light bulb. I don't know who got tired of that game first! I'm sure Glama and Bampa will elaborate. I just wish they were here to play with us, except here all the hints the "hiders" leave the "seekers" is muffled laughter.
3 comments:
Fun - we want to play - we're on our way over! I wish it was that easy to get to your house. Play a game of hide and seek for us.
What fun I am with Mindurs I wish we could come and crash the party!
The essence of orange chord a-boo is James was the self proclaimed leader of family home evening. He said the prayer, he led the music, he gave the lesson and he invented the games we played. He was also afraid of the dark. Therefore he couldn't hide in a closet or under the bed where it is dark without the assistance of the orange chord drop light. So when the "it" person was counting James would plug in the chord. go into the closet and was sure he wouldn't be found. When the "it" person finished counting all we would have to do is find out where the chord was plugged into an outlet and then follow it to James in his hiding place. His other favorite game of hide and seek was as follows. Here he had to play all the starring roles He would have us put a blindfold on him and then we would hide. When he came after us you could here him bumping into things and falling down. It was great fun. We were laughing so hard he would always find us.
Post a Comment