Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Confessions of a Davis Kid
I am slowly but surely trying to confess my childhood sins. I originally told you all about my chocolate mousse affairs, well I am now ready to confide in you all another little insight to my mind as a child. As we all know, candy, sugar cereals and pop were not readily available at our home growing up. We all had to rely on our friends homes to get our sugar high. Sometimes we had to get creative and make concoctions up on our own to get a sugary fix if we were unable to raid our friends pantries for the day. Who can forget peanut butter and maple syrup? Well that is not my confession. I have thought long and hard about coming clean on this one because its a little controversial. When I really had a sweet tooth and there was no other sugar fix in sight, I would monkey up over the sink and raid the Novahistine. I loved it! The warm grapey burn down my throat, the sweet scent and the sticky bottle. That's it, it is out. I was a Novahistine junky. Thank goodness for Uncle Lane and his ability to write Mom prescriptions whenever needed. I don't even want to really go into chewable vitamin c tablets (mmm candy). There you have it and remember to lock your medicine cabinets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think I am a little more shocked over the peanut butter and syrup combo. Pretty sad that you were getting your sugar highs at the Young's house. I remember the time Diane Young came to babysit and made that for herself. Yuck! That's funny, I almost brought that up on the phone to you today.
Wooziers, what made you confess that? I liked the stuff to, but I don't think I would have dared to take swigs of it for a sugar fix, are you sure it wasn't the codene you were trying to fix of. You are silly! Thanks for the confession and the laugh!
That stuff is the reason I don't like anything grape flavored YUCK!!! As far as the peanut butter and maple syrup I have no memory, but I did eat miricle whip sandwich on white bread so I should not judge.
That is really funny... I remember when I used to fake earaches to get the bubblegum flavored medicine that Instacare would always prescribe that always had to be refrigerated. I know Nersey was right there with me on that one.
Post a Comment