Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME! and BAMPA!


Ever since giving Bampa the best birthday present EVER, 33 years ago, I have been having trouble coming up with an equally worthy present...okay so Mom might deserve some of the credit for that fabulous gift (...okay Bampa too). Unless I can manage a grandbaby on Bampa's birthday, I will probably never come close. I have always known that my birthday was way cooler than any of your birthdays' and felt kinda bad for the rest of you. I mean, how cool is it to share a birthday with Bampa? In JUNE!!! Because we are summer babies, we always had great parties at Aunt Jack and Uncle Zella's swimming pool or waterskiing at East Canyon! At our birthday we had the distinction of having birthday pies! Of course blueberry and boysenberry were reserved for the birthday kids, and the rest of you got the consolation chocolate and apple pies. Since I have moved out here I have not had one blueberry pie birthday until yesterday! Somehow a birthday just doesn't seem like a birthday without one. I have to admit I was kind of disappointed in the caliber of my pie last night, but after polishing off the remaining 1/3 of the pie for breakfast, I am in a state of nirvana. Nothing beats CHILLED blueberry birthday pie! I only wish Bampa was here with his fork too (and that we had another full pie to share!)!

Happy Birthday Bampa! I love you and I love our birthday celebrations! Eat some pie for me too!

2 comments:

Bam Pah said...

Missletoe:

The pie thing is 100% accurate. I don't know where we failed the other kids. They must have Fielding, Farr, Smith taste buds.

Glama said...

Hey, I love blueberry pie. I will take a cream pie over boysenberry. We had pies for Father's day, but were resigned to ice cream bars and ice cream sandwhiches at the party up Millcreek Canyon last evening. It is pretty sad when you have to wish yourself happy birthday on the blog...where is that Mother of yours...she should have written how wonderful you are and shared some great pictures. We do love you and wish you were here to share the big birthday bash...