Monday, December 24, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

I thought I would be the first to wish all the PHROGBOTTOMS across the country a MERRY CHRISTMAS! I love you all and wish you could be here, but since you aren't I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas without us.

You missed out on an excellent Christmas Eve dinner at Glama's. Thank-you Glama it was perfect!

Below are some highlights of my favorite Christmas's/ traditions.....

My all time favorite Christmas is when we got the sleds and mom and the girls spent Christmas evening sledding on the BIG snow hills in the ward parking lot, oh and don't forget the ward stairs. Ah good times!

Christmas dinners at Aunt Elizabeth's.

Acting out the Nativity scene and the family fighting to be the donkey. Which always worked to my advantage because then I automatically became Mary. Yes, I am the good child. He!He!

Moving into the new house on Christmas Eve day and pulling it all together before mom came home from work! That was a lot of work, but well worth it!

The year we all got Cabbage Patch Kids and Cindy got an Upsie Daisey and we all made fun of her for it.

My all time favorite Christmas present was SPOT. Nerseyfers thanks for sharing her with all of us!

I love you all very much and am glad for the many wonderful Christmas's we have spent together and the many wonderful Christmas' s to come!

4 comments:

Bam Pah said...

Mindurs: I love you sooooo much. Thanks for the sweet memories. It is nice to know the things that made you happy. Merry Christmas Bampa

Missletoe said...

Merry Christmas! I wish we could have been there for the good times and good food. The worst part about being so far away is not watching the cousins play together on days like today.

Thanks for the Christmas flashbacks!

Glama said...

Ahhh...we have had many great Christmas'. I loved that Christmas we sledded down the church stairs too. It was a wonderful snowy day. It was a Sunday and it started to snow as we walked to church and snowed most of the day. It made is so we could not go visiting and we had to just stay home and be a family. I remember playing games by the warmth of the fire and using the Christmas tree lights as our source of light. If I remember correctly, Mindurs was winning at all of the games. She always had a natural knack for winning and playing games. The girls slipped out to play in the snow.

Bampa and I love all our little ones and strived every year to provide the best Christmas we could.

Do you remember there were a couple of years when we put together fruit baskets for some of the widows and Bampa and the little ones delivered the baskets?

I also loved the Christmas Open Houses we had. It is fun to have all of your teachers, friends and principals from your school come to our home. I guess there was an advantage to being the Mayor's kids after all. All in all, I think we have had a pretty good life together. I am looking forward to many, many more wonderful Christmas' in the future.

nersey said...

Mindy is right spot was the best Christmas present!