Now, I have always been the sensible sort and have never been accused of being a clothes horse, but I really went out on the limb a couple of weeks ago and broke out of my box. I had a $20 coupon for DSW shoes. I thought I just go check it out to find a fine sensible pair of sandals for Mazatlan. When I went into the store I saw this long, tall young woman trying on these "sassy" red shoes. I complimented on her choice and moved to the back of the store where they keep the "older women's" shoes. I tried on pair after pair of shoes....they were okay, but nothing sassy. Oh yes, many were very comfortable and cushy. Perfect for the 10 mile forced march along the ocean side at Mazatlan, but I couldn't get those darling red shoes out of my head. "I'm silly," I said to myself, "I need practical shoes. ... something you can cross the plains in." I found myself wandering to the front of the store to the little rack just as you came into the store hosting the fabulous platform red sandals. "Surely they will not have my size," I said to myself. Behold their they were, 1 pair of size 10 red sassy shoes calling my name. What could it hurt to try them on. (By the way, I have a warning, when I started having children I was a petite 8 1/2. By the time I finished, I was a 10! A lot of things grow when you have children.) I carefully slipped them on and found I could actually walk in them. I paraded around the store to see if I could maintain by balance. I loved the fact I felt so tall and svelte in them. I was in love and the rest is history. They were made only better by the fact I had a coupon for $20. I have worn them to church a couple of times receiving "mountainous" raves from my fan's in the Mt. Olympus 9th Relief Society. They are a perfect match to one of my favorite nail polish. Definitely eye candy....I love wearing them and I love to take them off. They are definitely not going into the suitcase to Mazatlan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am going to run (not walk) to my nearest DSW for my size 7.5 (yes, I used to squeeze into a 6.5)! I could use a little SASS!
Yes they are FABULOUS shoes, I was thinking I needed a pair myself!
Post a Comment