Daddy-o is the best Dad a person can ask for. I know you can all agree. Dad taught me to have a strong work ethic, to be compassionate, friendly, outgoing, fearless and a great Jeep driver amongst many other qualities. When I was a brand new driver, Dad took me out to learn how to drive a stick. I really didn't know what I was getting into. We drove up and down Wasatch Blvd learning to change gears. At that point it was fairly simple. Well, things changed. We were headed south down the street when Dad said "Pull up here". I was headed up a hill hoping that it would be a continuous drive up. We were putting up the Gun Club road with what I felt was a cliff directly to our right. We hit a bend in the road when Dad said stop. I thought, are you crazy!!!! We stopped right where if we rolled back, we would be sent over the edge of the gigantic cliff. Right there I learned that sometimes you are in a tough spot but you have to try to get out of it. I put the Jeep into gear and let off the clutch and we rolled back a little, we stalled. We did it again and again. Now we were dangerously hanging over the cliff. Dad eventually took the wheel and effortlessly got us out of the situation I created. I also learned that even though I was trying to work through a stressful, tough time, Dad was there to help. I feel that little lessons like learning to drive a stick shift have really helped shape who I am today.
Happy Fathers Day!!!! You are truly the best Dad in the whole world!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment