Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Love Shack Neighbors Part I


I'm sorry to hear that 'ol Jim Davis, the lottery winning neighbor, has moved. He really was the part of the character of the neighborhood. When I would garden in the back yard, Jim would join me over the fence. He is a chatty guy. He would often ramble on and on as I would pull weeds and water. I have to admit, I liked the company. He would usually have some small project going himself (not like painting his garage, which he constantly talked about), this day he had something in his hands he was working at. Jim was telling me how he liked to take his dogs over to the field where the Granite School District offices are now located. He was telling me about all of the great things his dogs would find in the field. I was politely nodding and saying, "Oh ya? .... hmmm..." As his story progressed, I noticed he had a bird in his hand. I started to pay more attention. He said, "Ya, my mom can cook up just about anything the dogs find." Then the list... "But my favorite is pigeon pot pie, you just have to watch out for them beebies..." It was then that I noticed he he was holding a small pigeon's head back while he was plucking the belly feathers. Mmmmmmm!

1 comment:

Mindurs said...

Mom didn't believe me when I told her that story. I am glad you posted it as proof.