Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Indy Happenings






We recognize it's been a while since either of us have posted on the phorum so we thought we'd clue you in on what we have been up to. First, however, we wish to wish Missy and Pop Pop a happy birthday. We think the world of both of you.

As you probably all know, we spent a week in somewhat sunny Florida in early June. I say somewhat because it seemed to be cloudy half the time, but we did get our share of sun, and if you're not a Davis by blood, you came home with a really nice tan. If you are a Davis, you counted yourself lucky to not come home burned to a crisp.

Since we have been home, we have had to adjust to home life again, which means back to work. It also means not as much golf, but such is life.

Steve's work is interesting, he works for a small law firm, just two lawyers and four clerks. That's right, they know how to get the most bang for their buck. We do the leg work, and they close the deals. It's good experience though, and a little extra coin in the pocket never hurt anybody. Missy is still enjoying her job as a project manager at an engineering company. If you ever need help designing and manufacturing a circuit board for a robot that dismantles roadside bombs in Iraq, Missy's your gal.

By the way if you're wondering about the picture of me screaming in agony, I was body surfing and the wave washed me across a bunch of sea shells like unto the ones shown in the picture above. I got all scraped up, stood up, and reacted. Little did I know Jenny Alba was waiting with a camera for the perfect shot. I figured the pic was gonna get out eventually, I might as well be the one to bring it to you. The Alba clan loves that picture, we hope you do too. To get the full effect, Missy suggests clicking on the photo and enlarging it, everytime she looks at it, she can almost hear me shreaking in pain.

5 comments:

Mindurs said...

I am glad you guys had a fun time in Florida with the Alba clan. I do love the picture of the aftermath of you being hurt and yes you are right the picture is much better if you enlarge it. He!He!

As for tanning I get beautiful tans. I don't know where the rest of you Davi got your skin from but mine is wonderful. I have tan legs now and I haven't even been in the sun that much. It really makes Nate jealous.

We miss you! Come and meet Hayden soon he is adorable!

Steve said...

We'll be there as soon as you fork out the money for our airline tix. But I'm just sayin'.

Mindurs said...

Hows about we come there and you fork out the money for us to visit you? Sounds better to me!

Missletoe said...

Oh what a baby! I clicked the picture and I didn't even see any scrapes! You have a flare for the dramtic.

Glama said...

It is so cool to go to a beach with real sea shells. I am always in search for a few shells. Did you pick a couple up for me?

About the tan legs. You should check both Bampa's and my legs out. They are pretty tan thanks to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Lake Powell. I know it's a tough life, but someone has to do it! No
fake-bake bronzer for me!