Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Diamond in the Roughiage


On more than one occasion Nersey has been know to misplace her wedding ring and lose it for a couple of days; and it has turned up in some interesting places. But last week we were unable to find Nersey's ring and she was certain that she had taken it off and set it on the kitchen counter, then she remembered that it might have actually been on the kitchen table. Since neither on of us had seen Buckley on the table, as he loves to be up there - he can see the whole apartment from that height - we assumed that it couldn't have been him; plus all of the chairs around the table were pushed in. There was no way he could have eaten it. Well as I was getting ready for work 4 days later I smelled the all too familiar smell of puppy presents. But this poop was unlike any other poop i had seen; it sparkled. For the moment I thought we had adopted the most rarest of puppies - the elusive diamond pooping puppy. Kind of like the golden geese in Willy Wonka. But to some disbelieve and relief it was Nerseys Ring! Apparently Buckley had gotten on to the table and eaten/swallowed the ring. All in all we blame Murphy for teaching Buckley the nasty trick of climbing on to the table.

5 comments:

Missletoe said...

Wow! What a close call!!! I think I might start paying closer attention to Buck's excrements. I hope Ners was the one to sterlize the ring!

Glama said...

Sitting on the table is a fine art that Murphy has capitalized on. Often I will come home and find her laying on the front room table or my desk. I believe it is the cat in her. Puppies will be puppies, Nersy needs to find a place to alway put her ring when she takes it off. I always put mine back in its case!

Bam Pah said...

Adds a new dimension to "pooper scooper" Bampa

Mindurs said...

Yuk, your comment even out grossed Missltoe's breast milk story. You've got to watch those dogs they can eat some pretty interesting things. Next time Buckley is over I will make sure my wedding ring is in a safe place.

B C said...

First of all, nothing will out gross Missy's breastmilk story... I will have to watch a goat being slaughtered to get that story out of my head.

Secondly, I want to come out now as the first person to call Nersey "Poop Ring"

Lastly, I have always said that dog is a no goodnic... Remember that when you stay here your dog needs to tie a knot in it, if you know what I'm saying.