Monday, July 16, 2007

Ashie is TWO

We spent about a month celebrating Ashie's 2nd birthday. His first birthday party was at aunt Missletoe's where he was spoiled with cupcakes, cars and planes. He has had three birthday parties since. Lets just say he was really spoiled. It is hard not to spoil someone as cute as he is. wink!

Having Ashie in my life has been one of the best things to happen to me. His birth was challenging, but everyday since has been a blessing. Here are a few of my favorite memories.

Holding Ashie for the first time made the nine months of pregnancy and the delivery totally worth it.

Ashie's first smile just melted my heart and it still does today - I am such a push over.

Once Ashie became mobile life became a huge adventure and he hasn't slowed down since.

Most parents don't like it when their little ones learn how to say No, but everytime Ashie say's NO it makes me giggle inside. I don't let him see me giggle because in actuality saying no to mommy is naughty. When Ashie say's no he gets this stern look on his face sticks his pointer finger out at me and with a deep voice he say's NO. It is so dang cute.

The best gift a mommy can get is an unsolicited hug and a kiss. Ashie gives me these at least once a day and my heart just melts. I am such a softy.

Being a mom really is the best! Thanks for the wonderful two years Ashie!

3 comments:

Steve said...

If you post something about how cute your kids are, you lose credibility if you don't post equally cute pictures. But I'm just sayin'.

Glama said...

Having kids is great. I would not have missed out on any one of ours including the blessing of having Charlene as part of the family....but having Grand kids is the greatest! Thanks for doing your part!

I agree....where are the pictures to back it all up!

Missletoe said...

A birthday should be celebrated for at least a month! Ashy, i am glad we got to celebrate with you too. We love you!!!!!