Sunday, July 1, 2007

Pepsi Fans for a Weekend




We know the right people. Kyle and LeeAnn aka The Kyles have become good friends of ours after having spent the last year in all the same classes with Kyle. Anyhoo, Kyle's father is a higher type exec with Pepsi-Co. A few weeks ago, Kyles asked us if we wanted to go to Chicago for a Cubs game as his pops could get us great free tickets through Pepsi.

So, after anxiously waiting for this game to arrive, we were finally on our way Friday night. We drove up to Chicago and spent the night at Kyle's parent's house. Let's just say that Pepsi pays their employees well. Kyle, his father and I woke up early on Saturday morning to golf at the Royal Fox Country Club where he lives, one of the most fantastic courses I have ever played, all compliments of Kyle's father and his great job with Pepsi. While we were golfing, Melissa and LeeAnn went and did what I think they both like to do best, shop.

After a quick lunch, we were on our way to downtown Chicago for what was billed to be the MLB game of the week. Sadly, the billing did not live up to it's name as the Cubs lost 13-4. However, we did get to sit in some phenomenal seats in historic Wrigley Field, and at the end of the weekend we were out maybe $30. It's good to know the right people, even if you do have to drink Pepsi with a smile on your face while doing it.

2 comments:

Bam Pah said...

Steve and Missy: Wow! What a thrill Pepsi, and Cubs games...does it get any better than that? (he asks sarcastically).

Did you sell my Pepsi machine for a gazillion $ plus? I hope the Cubs hot dogs are better than the St. Louis Cardinals/RC Willey hot dog special.

Glama said...

Hey Steve, Tough duty....even if you had to compromise your principles for a couple of days. I think I could find a way to guzzle Pepsi. Glama