Thursday, July 19, 2007

Good Times...I'm Just Sayin"















I thought everyone would like to catch up on the pictures from last month.

As you know, Dad and I took an impromptu trip to Lake Powell with Uncle D. and Aunt C. Good times, we would have liked to stayed one more day, but as you all know, the boat, wave runners and things like snow mobiles do not work on Sunday.

We took a little motorized rubber raft up to the end of the river and hiked to the Defiant House. This is an Anasazi ruin. Some years when the water has been high we have almost boated to the ruin. Other years we have had to hike a long way into the ruin when the water is low.. That is the fun thing about Lake Powell, every time you go there, even if you go to the same place...it is not the same trip because of the changing water levels.
At night we had a full moon, but the cliffs hid the moon and all we could see is the walls of the canyon bathed in moon light with fabulous shadows. As dusk came on, out came the bats and the evening temperatures would dip into the cool 90's. Dad insisted on sleeping on the back of the boat, while I had the honey moon suite ( known such because there is a privacy curtain, but it is too hot to close it) under the bow of the boat to myself. As we sat in the light of the evening, Dad and I both agreed the only thing that would have made the trip better would be to have all of the Davi' there except for Murphy....I don't think she would like where we tied the boat there was no land. You had to jump into the water if you wanted out of the boa
The best part of the trip was the wave runners. Dad and I took a long ride out of the canyon where we were staying, across the river drove up another canyon for exploration. Must say, I can be a real mean Mama on a wave runner. I think I have found my sport!


The Fouth of July Swimming Party is Back!
Little Missy brought her friend.

I've missed the good times at Uncle Zella and Aunt Jack's. The good news, is cousin Julie has stepped up and now we have established the old tradition of the 4th of July swimming.

Good Times, I'm just sayin.......
























1 comment:

Missletoe said...

You're killing me with the Lake Powell pics! Good times.