Saturday, July 28, 2007

Quick Quote

For those of you interested in my final paper... I am writing a little ditty about pride and its effects on the American Justice System. To do so, I am using quotes from philosophers throughout history like Aristotle, Cicero, David Hume, Kant and so forth. One of my favorite quotes comes from Jean Jacques Rousseau when he said,
"The first person who, having fenced off a plot of ground, took it into his head to say this is mine and found people simple enough to believe him, was the true founder of civil society”

Think about it!

Another good one is by David Hume he says, that “A man of sense and merit is pleased with himself, independent of all foreign considerations. But a fool must always find some person, that is more foolish, in order to keep himself in good humor with his own parts and
understanding”

I do not know why I felt like posting these quotes, but I did...

Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Glama said...

Always good to hear from you B.C.
Keep up the good work and deep thoughts....

Mindurs said...

Bubba,

Once you finish this paper are you done with your undergraduate career? I love the qoutes - thanks for sharing.

Mindurs