Steve will be turning 30 this Saturday - wow you old man. He!he! I can say that because I am only turning 29 this year. In celebration of Steve's 30th birthday I thought we all should post our favorite Steve stories. The best part is we can say whatever we want - no holding back, like at his wedding dinner. Melissa here is your WARNING you may or may not want to read some of these posts, but maybe after two years of marriage you have seen this side of Steve.
Steve is very inventive he was always making up rules for me and others to follow. I've been told of bodily function rules for riding in the car with Steve. B and Dad know what I am talking about. When we shared the bruiser Steve got this crazy idea that he wanted to be like the Dukes of Hazards and the only way you could get into the car was through the unrolled windows. If you were found breaking this rule you would be scrutinized by Steve. One of my favorite rules is when he found a green beat-up construction hat on the side of the road. This hat became known as the piggy hat and you had to wear it every time you drove the bruiser. The funny thing is I never saw Steve wearing it while he drove the bruiser. Hmmmm.
Steve is also very stubborn. When Steve got home from his mission I so graciously shared the Jeep (also known as the Heap) with him. For some reason Steve didn't like cleaning his garbage out of the Jeep. He would just let it pile up. Well one Sunday we were out at Uncle Dave's house for something and Steve wanted to leave. He could leave with the rest of the family or he could take the Jeep. Since I was sick of the mess he had made in the jeep I said he could only take it if he cleaned out his mess. Mom and dad backed me up on this one. Well after what seemed like hours of reasoning why he shouldn't have to clean out the Jeep he finally gave in. Yes, what makes Steve such a perfect lawyer is he will hold his ground even if he knows he is wrong and most of the time his opposition just gives in. Not this time Steve gave in and filled at least one garbage bag possibly two garbage bags full of his garbage. Little did I know that he stored the bag(s) in the back of the Jeep and dumped the garbage back into the jeep the next day. Darn-it I didn't win after all.
Remember that time Steve got a bruise on his butt the shape of Africa? Oh yeah how can anyone forget - he had to show each of us it every time he saw us. All of the stories I mentioned above are what makes Steve Steve and makes each of us smile whenever we think of him. Steve despite all of the crazy things you made me do I love you and am glad I have an inventive stubborn brother like you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY you OLD MAN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A few things. First, it was the piggy helmet, not the piggy hat. Second, the piggy helmet was part of the jeep era, not the bruiser's. Lastly, I say the wedding dinner rules still apply here on the blog. But I'm just sayin'.
It is easy to live by the wedding dinner rules for me because time seems to have diminished my memory of any negative, gross or impure actions of my children. My recollection of Steve is he is the water cooler child. In other words he is the one that you see coming at you from the far end of a hall that has no doors on either side. If you blink he disapears and in his place is a water cooler you never noticed before. It was this outstanding trait I remember when we all cooperatively, as a family, without dissention would do lawns together on Saturday Mornings at the 300 East house. There we would be the 10 of us gleefully accomplishing our assigned tasks while singing "when we are helping we're happy and we sing this glad song... (you all remember this don't you). Mindy and Cindy putting away toys, Missy and James working with Mom and Charlene in the garden, Brian and Jenny at their tender ages sweeping and pulling weeds. Steve was always at the forefront making sure everyone had the proper tools, lots of goodies and fresh water and generally helping where ever he could. When the bag was full on the mower I would stop and Steve was always there to put the clippings into the trash. But then after about 30 seconds from the beginning of the project Steve would magically disapear into thin air. No one ever saw him go but we all could remember his individual help... was it magic, did he have the ability to put a memory spell on us... things that make you go hmmmmmmm!
I do remember Steve going with me to a Scout Camp on the Bear River. I was assigned to spend, what I thought was an over night stay. When we got there we found out it was a 24 hour assignment. I had meetings in Salt Lake I had to attend and Steve had a full day of important stuff also. But because he is the "rightous son",(and with a certain promise of gold coinage) he consented to stay with the boys. Realizing he was not of age to be a leader everytime the camp scout leader came to meet "Jim" Steve would tell them they just missed me and that I was down fishing, or was with the scouts on a short hike. He was so belivable we got through it and when I returned that night he was at his best with the young scouts huddled around him like he was the "Pied Pipper". Happy Birthday Steve, I love you. Bampa
Wow, the big 30! Glad I'm still 29! When I use to babysit, I would go around to all the bedrooms and check on the kids after I had put them to bed. Steve ALWAYS had his thumb in his mouth. Thinking I was doing him a favor, because you didn't want buck-teeth, I would pull his thumb out of his mouth. He would suck so hard it would make the sound of a cork coming out of a wine bottle. His thumb would be all wrinkled and would go right back to his mouth. I definitely think he was a SUPER SUCKER! And why, why, why, would you climb into a box that James told you to? We love you. Happy Birthday!
Love, The Whole M-Clan
Post a Comment