Monday, July 16, 2007

Drool Cloth Anyone?

How do I confess that perhaps I may be losing it. Maybe just a little. It started last Monday when I walked into the house, I had a feeling to look for my phone. I had dinner to worry about so I passed on that thought. Mindurs and Nafurs where there and we were going to BBQ burgers. Nafurs had already started the BBQ and time was of the essence.

Tuesday, I went to get my phone out of the car and there was no phone. So I did what you always do when you misplace your phone....you call yourself up and walk around with a ringing phone listening for your cell to ring. Out to the car with phone in hand.
Ring....Ring....Ring....and no sound from the cell phone. Okay, we will try it through out the house. There is always the possibility of a dead battery.
Ring....Ring....Ring....and still no sound from my phone.

I remembered having the phone earlier at work on Monday. Certainly I must have left it there.
No phone to be found in my office. At sales meeting I announced I have misplaced my silver razor phone and if anyone sees it around the office, to let me know. I was amazed at the number of minions of real estate sales people on the case of the "missing phone." "Have you called yourself?'' I was asked over and over. (duh)

I finally called T-Mobile....after verifying who I was 5 different ways, they refused to give me the numbers that were called on my line after I remembered using it the last time around 3:00 pm. I asked for hints such as, "does it look like a familiar number I would call?" They would not tell me so I suspended my account until I could come up with an answer.

On the T-mobile website I looked up my most recent calls....and...low and behold.....the phone had been used 2 times to make calls. Who could the culprit be? After all I was sure I did not make any calls after 3:00 pm. Let's see, who could someone be calling.....2-7-2-3-1-4-6! Not once but two times. I recognize that number..... Aahaa! I remember, I did call Mindurs at the house, but where could my phone be?

Let's see...I did go to Dan's on the way home. I had a lot of stuff from work to be carried in as well as the groceries. I remember putting some stuff in one of the grocery bags. When I put away the groceries, I placed big bag of grapes into the fridge without taking them out of Dan's sack.

Eureka! My phone must be in with the grapes in the grocery bag and because it was in the fridge I could not hear the grapes ringing when I called my phone!

I rushed home to search through the grape bag, digging and digging! No phone.
While in my futile pursuit digging through the grapes, Dad casually mentions that he has good news and bad news and good news!

It seems my phone was found in the parking lot at the office. (Good news!) It was only a little bit crushed. (Bad news, but not really bad news.) The sim card might still be working. (Good news....my whole life is on that card!) I must have placed it on the roof after calling Mindurs and drove off.

Sure enough...it was still working. Besides being a little crushed, the face crystal was cracked with a black mark that kept me from seeing who was calling or the number I was calling. Other than that, it seemed to work just fine. It would do until the ever growing black blob on the face got so big or until I decided what I really wanted to do for a new phone. I really have few needs in life. Perhaps the real reason was I did not qualify for any discounts on a new phone.

Now I know this story is getting long....but here is the really sad part....so if you have stuck it out this far, you will see why I may be ready for the drool cloth, babbling in the corner.

Today I placed my phone in my gardening shorts pocket and went to do my morning watering and chores. I came into the house, pulled the phone out of the pocket, made a few calls and placed it back in my shorts pocket. I continued to work in the office and ran down and put a white load of wash into the washer and did a couple of jobs downstairs and ate breakfast. After an hour or so, I decided I needed to get my shower and really start my day. I dropped my shorts and undies and slipped into the shower. After my shower I picked up all the dark clothes, including my shorts, and place the load into the wash.

10 minutes later.....I began to wonder...."Where is my phone?" You guessed it! Yes! it is a very clean, dead dead phone. I have been too embarassed to tell Dad. I guess he will learn about it when he reads the blog. Drool cloth anyone?

3 comments:

Mindurs said...

Ohhh, sounds like something I would do. I am sorry! Maybe it is time to upgrade to an I phone anyways. He!He!

Steve said...

You and Dad sure make a great pair.

Missletoe said...

Now I know where my Super-power of telling really long stories comes from... but maybe I didn't stand a chance Bampa can tell longies too. The longer the better!