Sunday, July 22, 2007
Happy Birthday Steve!
My favorite memory of Steve was probably when he was in 6th grade and I was probably in 4th. It was back in the summer days when we got up and watched the Brady Bunch, the Price is Right and a few Ronco informercials (Mom always thought if we had cable we would only watch TV, well we still only watched TV it was just terrible TV). Steve and I loved the movie Rad. Who didn't? If you are unaware or did not live in the Davis home during this time period, Rad was a great 80's movie about a BMX bike rider named Cruz. Up by Sugar House Park they were doing some construction, leaving the perfect dirt bike racing track when construction was not going on. Steve got the Underwood brother together and we would go on what felt like a day long trek to the track and ride our bikes. I remember loving the fact I got to come along and hang with the boys. One time when we were out riding bikes, Steve and I went to Sugar House Park to slide down the river. I can't remember if we had one bike or 2 but a Bike got a flat tire. It was a very long walk home so we made sure to reward ourselves by hitting up the Mc Donalds on the way to buy some ice cream cones. I remember thinking I would never get home but found comfort in knowing Steve was there with me. We got home so late it was dark. Grandma Smith was living with us at the time and she was very upset that we were missing all day. She gave us the rightful punishment of washing our mouths out with soap for coming home soo late. Do you remember any of this Steve? Anytime with Steve was a good time. I feel lucky to have had a summer of BMX biking with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You would be surprised how all of my friends, without prompting from a Davis, love the movie Rad!
I remember that day, it was a long a walk home from the park, that's for sure. But I remember stopping for ice cream at millies burgers and I also remember Grandma being very upset, but the soap part escapes me. Perhaps I have blocked out the bad stuff.
Post a Comment