Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Will the Real Phrogbottom Please Stand Up!







Okay, okay.... I realize I am slow at coming to this blog thing. I have been really handicapped at trying my hand and making it work. I have become discouraged many times and have put it away for another day....again and again.

We will try once more.
While in Boston, Missy viligantly looked for a frog picture to attach to the Phorum.... I must say, she did a really great job. Were we not all impressed with the impostor pooch in his frog finery sitting on the lily pad? You could have fooled me....It looks just like Murphy in her favorite Halloween Costume. But Jenny and I wanted a picture of the real thing.... so off we were to victimized our dear little puppies!

"Here Murphy, here Murphy, let's try on your favorite frog costume." as we snatched the unsuspecting pooch from your peaceful existence. It took two very strong and determined women to dress our 12 pound dog in her Phrogbottom outfit. I think she looks pretty good. I am not too sure if she felt the same way.

Well maybe Buckley would be more willing to be the poster pooch for Phrogbottom Phorum. He seemed to like being the Head Phrogbottom and willingly, proudly posed for the camera.
Now Murphy, being the alpha dog, didn't like the fact that Buckley was wearing her outfit. ( I am not sure if you all know, Murphy can be a little possessive sometimes. She has a problem with sharing.) After all, SHE is the "real Phrogbottom" and SHE is the one who has carefully, patiently and unselfishly tutored both Mazie and Buckley. So it is her place to step up to the job of poster pooch and be stoic at all costs. ( Murphy said Mom has told her so many stories about Grandmother Smith; how as a small child Grandma was very stoic.) So Murphy could be stoic and try the costume on one more time....just so briefly for the picture. She IS rightfully the Head Phrogbottom and should rightfully represent the family. Where do you think the phrase "dogs are phrogs" came from anyway?
"Okay.... I'll smile for the camera," Murphy says......"cheese!"
I am sure you all recognize the Murphy's happy teeth. Just don't stand too close. Lily pad anyone?


4 comments:

Bam Pah said...

Glama is boss! Can you believe it she not only can blog she does colored pictures and she writes like a pro. You are all so very lucky that we got together. Bampa

Missletoe said...

Muph makes a fiesty Phrogbottom! ...the perfect mascot for the croud!

Cyncha said...

Wait, Im confused, Thats not Murphy in the main picture? I thought the Lily Pad was a little much for one of us to make.

Glama said...

Hey, If you look at Buckley, he is actually smiling!